Our Drugs Awareness training takes place online over one day.
Please view the Eventbrite page for our previous Drugs Awareness Training: https://tinyurl.com/mr23az9n
The Drugs Awareness training explores drug use within the student population, from what harm reduction is, to communicating to students about drug use and responding to a drug emergency.
The training covers the following:
• Introducing harm reduction on campus
• What harm reduction means and what universities and university staff are permitted to do within the law.
• How to talk to students about drug use.
• The effects of common drugs.
• Responding to a drug emergency.
This training develops your knowledge, allows you to engage with others, and gives you practical activities, which can be used to deliver drug awareness training to students/societies/sports groups.
Who is this training for?
This training is appropriate for both students’ union and university staff and provides the opportunity to connect with staff from other institutions who are working towards harm reduction approach to drug use.
When will the training take place?
Join us on the 21st of June 2023 from 13:00 - 16:00 via Zoom
Find out more here: https://tinyurl.com/3bwxd8hu