Join us at the National Student, Drug and Alcohol conference!
We are pleased to announce tickets for the Student, Drug and Alcohol Conference are now live!
Returning for its 2nd year, our annual Student, Drug and Alcohol Conference offers workshops, talks and panel discussions to explore the issues surrounding alcohol and drug use in students across UK campuses.
The one-day online conference provides a unique opportunity for delegates to hear from and engage with sector experts as well as share expertise and good practice, develop strategy and network with colleagues.
Agenda highlights include:
- A panel discussion exploring the prevalence of spiking amongst students and actions that universities and student’s unions can take to improve student safety.
- A workshop from sector-leading charity Release looking at the law surrounding drug harm reduction.
- A session looking at the role peer support can play in supporting students struggling with alcohol or drugs.
- Dr Ed Day, Clinical reader in Addiction Psychiatry, University of Birmingham and UK government recovery champion
- Steven Cutter, Legal Services Manager, Release
- Rachel Colley, Community Manager, Students; Union at UWE
- Helena Conibear, CEO of the Alcohol Education Trust
- Dawn Dines, CEO and Founder – Stamp out Spiking
- Mair Howells, founder of @ivebeenspiked
- Giulia Zampini, Senior Lecturer in Criminology, University of Greenwich
- John de Pury Assistant, Director of Policy at Universities UK
You will also be able to access the recordings of all sessions after the event, including any sessions which you were unable to attend live.