SDG Teach In 2022: Launching Soon!
The Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs) are 17 ‘Global Goals’ which set out targets to end poverty, protect the planet, and achieve prosperity for all by 2030. SOS-UK’s SDG Teach In is a campaign to put the SDGs, and therefore sustainability, at the heart of all aspects of education and across all disciplines by encouraging educators to include them in their teaching and learning during the two weeks of the Teach In. This year’s campaign will take place from Monday 21st February – Friday 11th March 2022.
The SDG Teach In aims to:
· Raising awareness of the importance of sustainability and sustainable development;
· Catalysing curriculum reform and testing new ideas;
· Embedding sustainability and social responsibility across all spheres of learning and disciplines;
· Linking all forms of teaching, learning and assessment to local and global issues;
· Preparing students with the knowledge, skills and attributes to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The 2021 SDG Teach In was the most successful since the inception of the campaign!
· 496 educators pledged to incorporate the SDGs into their teaching and learning;
· 47,292 students & learners reached through lessons, workshops and tutorials;
· 48 educational institutions took part, including schools, colleges, universities, students’ unions and training providers.
Having run for four years, there are high hopes that the fifth Teach In in 2022 will see more educators, students and institutions involved than ever before.
Take this chance to begin learning about and leading on sustainability - no matter your discipline!
Here’s how you can get involved:
· Join our Jan 22nd, 2022 introductory webinar on the SDG Teach-In and incorporating the SDGs in teaching and learning. Please register here to attend.
· Educators of all kinds are able to pledge to take part now using our online pledge form https://sos-uk.typeform.com/sdgteachin. By taking part, educators are pledging to include one or more of the SDGs in their teaching and learning during the campaign fortnight.
· If you are a student or a staff member who is not an educator, you can get involved by sharing the Teach In with educators at your school/college/university and encouraging them to take part.
· Starting in Jan 2022, we will be releasing regular leaderboards to show which institutions have the highest numbers of educators taking part and reaching the most students.
· Keep a look out for more information over the coming months. We’ll be sharing resources, updates and case studies. If you want to get started in the meantime you can view last year’s campaign report here and you can email Kedijah for any support.